Thursday, March 09, 2006

Red is the Bull

Its almost a month since I quit smoking. I found another potential addiction; which is Red Bull. Red Bull is the brand name of an Austrian carbonated soft drink. Sold as an energy drink to combat mental and physical fatigue, it contains, per 250 ml serving, about 27 grams of sugar, 1000 mg of taurine, 600 mg of glucuronolactone, B-complex vitamins and 80 mg of caffeine (the average cup [8 oz] of coffee contains 100 mg or as much as three cans of Coke).

Seems its not recommended to consume more then 2 cans of Red Bulls per day. I also came across the following notice.
Cautions: Contains caffeine. Not recommended for children, pregnant or breast-feeding women, caffeine sensitive persons or to be mixed with alcohol. Do not consume more than 500 ml per day.
A friend warned me about it, and that was the reason why I looked into it. This can't be. I mean why is always have to be this way. Things you like and enjoy always seem to be bad for you? This is not possible.

No comments: